It"s never too early or late to indulge in some Christmas crafting! What better way to mark the excitement of Christmas than to count down each day with a hidden treat or secret message from an Advent Calendar?! Simply follow our easy steps below to create your own!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Scandi Reindeer Natural
- Scandi Snowman Red
- Scandi Robins Natural
- Scandi Gingerbread Men Natural
- Scandi Reindeer Red
- Scandi Robins Red
- Cut 2 pieces of 7" x 22" Ecru and 1 piece of 27" x 22" batting. Cut 4 pieces of each of the 6 Christmas cotton fabric (5" x 5").
- Cut 4" x 26" of the lace and 6" x 8" of the ribbon.
- Make numbers 1 to 24 by tracing numbers onto Bondaweb. Iron onto red felt and cut. Alternatively, you can use our Pre-cut Christmas Advent Calendar Numbers.
- Sew 6 squares together using 0.5" seam allowance x 4 times. Press open the seams and press 0.5" hem along the bottom and sides. Press 0.25" twice across the top pockets. Sew lace in place across top of all 4 rows.
- Iron numbers in place on lace on each pocket.
- Layer back, batting, and front, and tack together. Place first row 1.5" down from the top and in from sides. Sew around 3 sides and down each pocket join. Sew second, third, fourth row 1" below the previous row.
- Fold 6 lengths of ribbon in half and pin raw edges to top and back, spacing evenly. Sew in place 1/8" from edge. Fold remaining ribbon in lengthwise and sew around all four side, encasing raw edges and overlapping ends.
- Point hanging loops up, making sure they are the same length and sew again to secure.
- Thread a pole through loops and hang your calendar.