Reversible Christmas Tree Skirt:
You"ve gone through all the effort of choosing a tree and decorating, but the look still isn"t finished. It"s easy to complete the look with a beautiful Reversible Christmas Tree Skirt.
The fun Scandi Christmas design is perfect for adding a subtle additional decoration to your tree!
You will need:
- Make a template by folding the paper in half. Draw 2 curved lines, one 1.5" down and another 18" down from folded corner.
- Cut along the lines.
- Open the template out & place the straight edge (with neck opening) on the fold of the main fabric. Cut & repeat for the batting.
- Cut an opening section from outer edge to neck in each piece.
- Fold the template in half & half again to give a segment template. Cut 2 of each x4 fabrics, adding a 1/4" seam allowance. Sew the fabric segments together in alternating patterns & press the seams open.
- Pin the batting and back together.
- Sew the lace in position around the bottom edge, raw edge to raw edge using a 1/8" seam allowance.
- Pin the segmented front on top of the back, right sides together, making sure the lace is tucked in sew around, on the batting side, leaving a 6" gap on one side of the opening section.
- Trim the excess & make notches in the neck before turning right side out through the 6" gap.
- Press, and sew down the joins between each segment, then stitch the opening closed.
- Cut the ribbon into 6 equal lengths and space down the opening section, with 3 on each side.
- Sew in to position to finish.